Olathe Youth Congress 2008 Senator and Floor Leader Application
Olathe Youth Congress Floor Leader/Senator Application
Before submitting your application, please be sure to read all of the information below! If you have any questions, please contact Student Development at 780-7046 or via email: email@example.com
- This application is for Senators and/or Floor Leaders!
- The Fall 2008 Annual Youth Congress General Assembly session will be held on Tuesday, October 21 at Olathe Northwest High School from 9 am – 2:15 pm.
Please read the following information about requirements for Senators/Floor Leaders:
MUST attend a minimum of 5 Youth Congress meetings after the General Assembly.
These meetings will take place on Wednesdays after school from 3:30 – 5:00 pm. The meetings will run approximately once per month from November through May. Students will need to provide their own transportation to these meetings.
These meetings will be used to work on implementing the 2008 resolution(s) including planning events at the individual school buildings.
MUST work/assist with 3 events at their school to help implement the resolution(s) after the General Assembly.
Presentations to clubs (STUCCO, Kay Club, etc.)
Share info with teams/classes
Distribute posters/flyers etc.
- MUST attend Fall Work Sessions leading up to the General Assembly. If you have conflicts, please contact us to work out arrangements.
- Fall Work Sessions will be held twice a month on Wednesdays after school from 3:30 – 5:00 pm. See our calendars for more information. Students will need to provide their own transportation to these meetings.
- These meetings/work sessions will be used as training for the General Assembly; brainstorming, reviewing and approving resolution ideas; and preparing all materials for the Senators and Representatives.
If you have any additional questions, be sure to contact Student Development at 780-7046 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying for a Senator and/or Floor Leader position, please fill out and submit the application below:
Posted on April 23rd, 2008 by admin
Filed under: Youth Congress